All divisions of Agenda group work in the field of laboratory animal science and strongly support the use of animals in research in line with the 3RS - refinement, replacement and reduction. However, many people who enter the debate on the use of animals in medical research often overlook the facts of why animals are used and the benefits of their use for future developments in the world of medicine, click here to learn more about the Medical Advancements and developments that have derived from animal research.
This web page has been designed to provide those who are new to animal research or those who would simply like to find out more information on the use of animals in today's research environment.
Did you know that?
- Humane animal research is crucial for scientific understanding and medical progress?
- UK animal research and the people working within this industry is strictly regulated and licensed? British law protects vertebrate animals such as mammals, fish and birds and they are counted by government every year?
- Most research in medicine and biology does not use animals?
- The annual number of animal experiments has almost halved over the last 30 years?
- Most research animals are rodents?
Click here to find out how research compares with society for animal usage?
To find out more about use of animals in research, please visit our links page
Click here to read articles on the use of animals in research
To find out more about working in animal research from the technicians view point click here
Please feel free to visit www.AnimalResearch.info for an in depth evidence based information about the benefits of animal research as well as information about good science models, experimental design and expert opinions.